Wednesday 27 February 2013

A Bit About My Past Travels

 
I have always kept  a Journal when I travel so I look forward to exploring Blogging.

What a wonderful way to keep track and share wonderful memories as you wander around, travelling this world of ours.

I first travelled overseas way back in 1985 with Hubby (Greg) before children. We spent 17 weeks travelling in America and Europe. We backpacked, only had 2 nights accommodation booked when we left Adelaide, Australia and began wandering.

We have wonderful memories and still plan to get back that way one day to see some of the amazing places we haven't been to yet. Only trouble is the list keeps getting bigger.

Asia has become a focus of our travels since then. Not planned that way but because it is closer to us, it meant, travel was more affordable and our girls managed to have a few overseas trips with us. Between tham they both have been to Phuket, Bali &  Borneo.

Greg and I also spent 4 weeks travelling in Vietnam & Cambodia in 2011. A wonderful trip where we celebrated our 30th Wedding anniversay on Halong Bay.

Bali has become special to me. Each visit has been different.  At difficult times, Bali seems to be where I want to go. I take time out, have time to think and relax. I always return a more balanced lady.

Anyway enough rambling.  

I will recap my past vists to practice using a blog so I can do my next trip justice.

No pics for a while but I will  get to that.....

Finally the real motivation to start blogging is I am EXCITED. Greg & I head back together for the first time since 2006. We are doing Lombok and Sanur in May

Can't Wait








No comments:

Post a Comment